The Liebster Award! Wow, I can't believe it! I have been nominated THREE TIMES! This is so great. I have been nominated by Little Second Grade Somebodies, For the Love of First and 2 Brainy Apples.
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
So here goes: 11 random things
1. I am actually a new teacher. This is my first year teaching and am holding a reading intervention position.
2. I recently joined a gym and love taking yoga on Saturday mornings with my teacher and college friend, Nicole.
3. I am dating someone who I absolutely adore. He is my high school sweetheart.
4. My favorite subject to teach is Language Arts and it absolutely thrills me. I love teaching other subjects also, but there is just something about Reading and Writing that amaze me.
5. As a child, I loved Art. I took many Art classes for fun.
6. I do love to decorate! and I am a constant pinner on Pinterest...
7. I am girly. And I spend too much money on clothes..
8. I am trying to build a classroom library..Any ideas where to get discounted books?
9. One of my goals is to help kids gain confidence. I want to be someone who encourages that.
10. I still am in contact with my teachers from Grant Elementary. I think they had a huge influence on who I am today and I admire them dearly. I visit them all the time.
11. Last but not least, I am very passionate and put a lot of effort into everything I do!!
Questions from Second Grade Somebodies
1. Is education the only career you've had? If not what else have you done? Yes, education is the only career I have had.
2. Have you or anyone in your family ever served in the military? If so, what branch? My Grandpa. I am not sure, I would need to ask.
3. What type of school district do you work in? (urban, suburban, rural) Suburban
4. Do you have a favorite celebrity? If so, who? Audrey Hepburn because she was a great actress and also did a lot to help people in her older years.
5. Are you a reader? What genre? To be honest, being a recent college graduate I was spending most of my time reading books to study for my classes. Mainly education books. Now that I am finished and getting settled with my new job, I want to become a person who reads for enjoyment. During college I was working almost 30 hours, doing my field work, and taking classes. It is rough to have extra time!
6. What is your favorite movie? The Notebook, I know..so typical.
7. What is the highest degree you hold? Bachelors with Reading Endorsement
8. What do you consider the most memorable event in your life? I would say probably memories from school as a child. And memories with my grandparents.
9. What is your favorite food? I love pizza! I know...silly. But I am not a picky eater. I love all foods.
10. Do you have pets? Sadly, no. But I want to get a wiener dog.
11. Do you intend to "Black Friday"? I never have. I want to someday.
Questions from 2 Brainy Apples
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would have to say my hometown, where I live now. There is no place like where you grew up.
2. Name a favorite childhood TV show.
I would have to say Arthur.
3. If you could do any other job, what would you do?
I like styling hair..but I don't know if I would actually do that.
4. Where is your dream vacation spot?
5. What is your favorite food/dessert and drink?
I answered this one above ^^^
6. What is your fondest memory?
Probably school and my family
7. What is your secret talent?
8. What is your favorite current TV show or movie?
I love Mad Men, Desperate Housewives, and I started watching Nashville.
9. What do you want to do when you retire?
Not for a long time! I am 22.
10. What is the most impulsive thing you have ever done?
11. What do you do for fun for yourself?
Relax with my handsome boyfriend.
Here are my questions:
1. What grade do you teach?
2. What are your hobbies?
3. What advice would you give to a first year teacher?
4. Do you have a teachers pay teachers store? If so, what is your favorite product?
5. When did you know you wanted to be a teacher?
6. What TV series do you like?
7. What is something a student did to make you laugh?
8. What do you do for fun on the weekends?
9. Why did you decide to start a blog?
10. What is your favorite blog to check up on?
11. What is something on your gift wish list?
Blogs I am nominating: